- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
- EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Activities Coordinator (Part-Time Limerick)
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and coordinating activities for active daily living for the elderly with the overall aim of improving their intellectual, physical and general health and wellbeing. The Activities Coordinator will identity the needs of both individual and collective groups and tailor a suitable weekly/ongoing activities programme.
Responsibilities to include:
• The main aim is to improve the intellectual, physical and overall health of the people in your care.
• Organise and co-ordinate an activities programme that will maintain interest and progression of individual and group participants over a period of time.
• Activities need to be developed in conjunction other clinical team members to ensure they are safe and relevant to the patient’s requirements e.g. Physiotherapist and Nursing Staff.
• Liaise with third parties to organise entertainment and events.
• Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your activities.
• Complete risk assessments for all resident related activities to ensure the resident’s safety is maintained at all times.
• Organise and escort residents on trips out as necessary.
• Assist with budgeting for entertainment activities, materials and outings.
• The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in a similar role working with the elderly, organising and coordinating a variety of different entertainment activities.
• Ideally have a relevant FETAC and/or SONAS related training.
• Basic first aid training or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead your activity programmes in a caring and enthusiastic manner.
• Committed and patient approach with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
• Candidates will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application.