- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Dietician Part-time HealthcareDirect Kildare/ Wicklow
HealthcareDirect are currently looking to employ a part-time Dietician to join our team. You will work two days per week (15 hours) in community based centres in Kildare & west Wicklow. You will work in a fully supported environment lead by our Clinical Managers and be given the opportunity to work autonomously in the private healthcare sector. Salary is commensurate with experience. If you feel that you are the right person for the role we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
• Assessing and advising a wide range of patients with diet-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits.
• Calculating patients' nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors.
• Analysing the nutritional content of food (including new products).
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team in hospitals or in a community setting to gain patients' cooperation in following recommended dietary treatments.
• Educating other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition issues.
• Advising client's catering providers about the specific dietary requirements of patients.
• Writing reports and case notes and maintaining accurate records.
• Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies.
• Active engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g. Staff Training Days
• Participate in the service Annual Performance Review System.
Characteristics we value:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good practical skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Degree qualified
• CORU registration
• Minimum 1 year post graduate clinical work experience
• Knowledge, understanding of nutritional intervention in a variety of clinical settings
• Full driver’s license and access to a car
• Private Indemnity Insurance
Healthcare Direct have a highly experienced team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists and Dieticians supported by our Clinical Managers. We specialise in providing healthcare services to the public and private sectors across Ireland. We provide patient centred quality care in a wide range of settings including community hospitals, nursing and residential care settings, specialist care centres, and also private sessions in patients’ homes. As such, we see a broad and diverse range of clinical presentations.
Please send your CV to Mary Fleming at Healthcare Direct firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Conan Lang Clinical OT Manager at Healthcare Direct. email@example.com
Alternatively contact our office on 1850-749746