Our Shannon based client has a great opportunity for an experienced warehouse operator to join their growing team in the aviation industry. This role is full-time, permanent.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Actioning of material requisitions ensuring material is picked, issued, and delivered to production dept zones in a timely & efficient manner.
- Ensure stock integrity and accuracy is always maintained.
- Labelling & allocating bin locations for new material that is received to stock.
- Monitoring of life limited stock and disposing of this stock in accordance with relevant procedure.
- Perform material cycle counts & periodic stock checks as required.
- Ensure stock is stored in accordance with storage conditions as set out in stores procedures and that storage temperature & humidity levels are within limits.
- Actioning of serviceable material returns ensuring return code system is adhered to.
- Deal directly with external warehouse staff with regards to requests for material stored off site.
- Issuing & returning of tooling & equipment as per relevant procedures.
- Ensure all serviceable tooling is stored & maintained correctly.
- Ensure all unserviceable tooling is removed from service & quarantined as per relevant procedures.
- Have a close working relationship with the Tooling Department.
- Assist Production when required with chemical storage & stock levels eg MEK & IPA.
- Comply with departmental 5S standards and participation in the 5S in accordance with dept roster.
- Replenishing of consumable vending machines as per daily schedule.
- Provide a good customer service to in-house and external customers.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Material team leader.
- Leaving Certificate (minimum).
- Previous Stores / Warehouse experience preferably in the aviation industry.
- Forklift driving experience an advantage, but not essential as training can be provided.
- Knowledge of industry and personal safety requirements. Demonstrates an excellent safety behaviour and attitude. Be always commercially aware.
- Be computer literate with experience in working with modern ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Have a strong work ethic, be reliable, self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude, and be very customer service oriented.
- Be willing to be cross trained and become proficient in all areas of the Materials Dept.
- A Team player with a passion and enthusiasm for the company values & brand.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 087 6775980 to discuss in confidence.