Design Engineer - 12 Month Contract
Our Clare based Client, a world leader within the Aviation sector, has a wonderful opportunity for a Design Engineer at its state-of-the-art facility in Shannon, Co. Clare.
As Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design, procurement, and verification of tools and fixtures. Reporting to the Tooling Engineering Leader, the Design Engineer will support the Product Engineers and the new Product Engineering teams to deliver design solutions for Aircraft Component repair.
In addition to an exciting and career enhancing role, the successful candidate will receive a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Key components of the role include:
- Establish design input requirements working closely with the NPI / Product Engineer
- Develop tool design concepts that support robust / efficient repair processes
- Utilise Mistake Proofing techniques to prevent / minimise operator error
- Consult with the H&S Engineer to reduce/eliminate possible risks and ensure H&S legislative requirements are satisfied
- Complete detail designs to cost effectively meet the input requirements
- Manage subcontracting of design work if required based on workload.
Engineering Drawings & Documentation
- Develop part and fixture 3D solid models
- Maintain drawing records & documentation
- Prepare and update Operation Sheets & Routers as required.
- Develop & maintain TPM programmes for all critical tooling & fixtures.
- Support 3D facility layout design for equipment procurement and digital twin modelling.
Candidates will require:
- A Degree or Diploma in Mechanical / Design Engineering
- Competent in use of CAD, preferably Siemens NX
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Good communication & report writing skills
- Can do attitude with strong teamwork spirit and leadership skills
- Excellent time management
- Previous Tool Design experience preferable using a 3D CAD system
- Proven track record in problem solving in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to organise and plan work
- Flexibility, prepared to put in the required effort to meet deadlines
- Open minded with a willingness to embrace new ideas and change
To Apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086 0205506 to discuss in confidence.