- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We have an immediate opportunity for Maintenance Technician with one of our Clare based multinational manufacturing clients. Person will work as part of a team of technicians and other cross functional teams to achieve business goals in a busy high-volume production facility to ensure that equipment asset performance is maximised
The successful candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of automated and high-speed production and processing equipment. The individual will assist production operations to achieve throughputs and support relevant engineering requirements.
Functions will include, electro-mechanical maintenance, automatic equipment setups, equipment repairs, and preventive maintenance.
The successful candidate, working 2 cycle shift (rotating day/evening Mon-Fri) will also be required to support equipment modification projects, facilities maintenance, mechanical maintenance of automatic test and branding equipment, electronic test systems and mechanical issues with a supporting role on machine electrical systems i.e. sensors, motor controllers, heaters, dryers and pneumatics, PLC’s and automation.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform routine preventive maintenance on all equipment and maintain documentation records.
• Responsibility for quality mechanical repairs and provision of electro-mechanical support to all Microchip production equipment.
• Take responsibility for product changeovers on different types of semiconductor automatic test, handling and branding equipment to ensure minimum downtime.
• Ensure critical spares are maintained at all times.
• Proactively identify and resolve equipment issues when necessary to ensure appropriate yields and throughputs are achieved.
• Collaborate and problem solve, troubleshoot with production and engineering to prevent issues.
• Perform mechanical repairs on automatic testers and handlers.
• Maintenance and up keep of Automatic Test/Component Handling Equipment.
• Contribute to the smooth running of production at all times and liaise with production personnel with respect to their requirements.
• Assist in the purchase, installation and commissioning of new plant equipment.
• Perform basic maintenance on facilities issues as required.
• Maintain good housekeeping standards (5S) in all areas.
• Ensure compliance to all aspects of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Perform all duties in accordance with current safety regulations.
• Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required from time to time.
• Proactively contribute, report on equipment line issues during routine maintenance and production meetings.
• Cert/Diploma Electro Mechanical related field,
• Min 2 years of experience working in similar role in manufacturing environment.
• Strong mechanical and fault-finding skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of team.
• Fluent English.
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer.