We have an immediate opportunity for Production Technician/Facilities co-ordinator with Shannon based multinational Med Devices client. Position will be offered as full time permanent position and will report to Production Manager
The Production technician / facilities co-ordinator will undertake and perform the duties assigned in relation to this position. This Person will devote the whole of their time, attention, abilities, expertise and skills to carrying out his/her duties hereunder during normal working hours and at such other times as may be required by the needs of the company or the nature of the Technicians / facilities co-ordinator’s duties.
- Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of all production related equipment sets in the Production areas.
- Providing production support / working to tight deadlines / attending production meetings.
- Calibration of weight checkers and print and apply applicators Zebra ZT410/ZE500. Experience of Cams, gear motors, drives and pulleys.
- Ensuring the smooth running of our automated packaging machines ensuring maximum output over two shifts, adhering to strict production targets
- Change over of the machines to suit different pack sizes.
- Implementation of proactive preventative maintenance programme. Daily / weekly / monthly / annual maintenance.
- Analysis and reporting of down time and maximise line efficiency.
- Conducting Risk assessments
- Proactive approach to continuous improvements to maximise output. Continuous online monitoring of the machines to aid in reporting equipment uptime/downtime.
- Electro / Mechanical repairs
- Identifying critical parts and maintaining an efficient record and stock control of all such parts
- Compliance with ISO 13485-2016 and maintenance of appropriate procedures.
- Trouble shooting + and maintaining an agreed stock control of spare parts.
- Maintenance of all on site equipment.
- Performing validation of new equipment. – FAT/IQ/OQ/PQ/SQ
- Working with cross functional teams both on site and at corporate level in the design and approval of Artworks for new and existing products.
- Set up of new machinery and advise on best fits.
- Responsible for all facilities within the organisation.
- Responsible for all company SLA’s (Service level agreements)
- Working closely with all Service providers ensuring that all SLA’s are implemented and maintained.
- Training of new maintenance staff / including evening/night machine setters/operators.
- Conformance to all GMP/GDP procedures and policies while working within a clean room environment.
- Advising of all requirements that needs to be purchased for the facilities / technical area.
- Dealing with all non-conformances associated with the facilities / technical area either verbally or written.
- The Technician along with all other employees is responsible for good housekeeping within the plant and in particular within their immediate area.
- Including the cleaning of machines. This is an area that we deem extremely important and will be subject to audits.
- ▪ Degree in Mechanical engineering with work related experience in a senior role in a medical device, pharmaceutical company or equivalent.
- ▪ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident at all levels, internal and external.
- ▪ A proven track record in leadership, including the ability to coach, assess, evaluate, develop, motivate and empower others.
- ▪ Passion for data, analysis, trends, reporting. Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to write clearly and informatively. Technical documentation, routine reports, correspondence, procedures and work flows. Present numerical data effectively.
- ▪ Demonstrate aptitude for process improvement.
- ▪ Excellent IT Skills – and knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage.
Note: The nature of this role may require unplanned overtime, and/or the taking of call outside of office hours.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 086 6033772 to discuss in confidence.