- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to work at our customer premises based in Limerick. This is a very exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to work with one of the world's leading medical technology companies
The senior Engineer will Provide advanced technical and engineering support to a project or function. This engineer will have the required engineering competencies and systems training to support a manufacturing area or project.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Application of a prioritised approach in Value Centred Engineering toward achieving key opportunities in quality, service and cost.
Works with Engineering leaders to deliver business objectives
- Responsible for assisting in the development of a world class-manufacturing group that is proficient in process improvement and problem solving manufacturing issues using Six-Sigma tools.
- Providing technical leadership on all product and process issues.
- Line performance monitoring, and the compilation and execution of structured event plans to remediate systemic issues that drive sub-optimal performance.
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, SOPs and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Leading technical improvements under the business’s Continuous Improvement Program (CIP).
- Transferring and implementing processes, either from development, or from another manufacturing facility.
- Provision of technical leadership/guidance for the Process / maintenance Technicians and other Manufacturing / Equipment Engineers on the team.
- Provide engineering support for new Product and new process introduction, ensuring that all activities are completed and documented in accordance with Stryker New product Development Process.
- Process validation for products and processes; VP, IQ, OQ, PQ and associated documentation.
- Conduct Gauge R&R studies for products and new processes.
- Carry out structured problem solving.
- Responsibility for projects (value stream and cross functional) as assigned by the company, including the scoping, approval, budgeting, specification, execution, qualification and operational handover as appropriate.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members and 3rd party Vendors, and always practicing good team work in support of the day to day operating requirements, and in pursuit of achieving the business targets
- Fostering a work environment of continuous improvement that supports SYK’s Quality Policy, Quality System, and the appropriate regulations for the area they support, in particular ensuring that employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Observing the Quality Management Systems requirements on site at all times
- Continuous monitoring and reporting of variables that feed into the business performance metrics, and pro-active identification and resolution of issues around any deficits in same.
- Adherence to, and enforcement of all Environment Health and Safety (EHS) requirements on site
Elimination and/or management of material risks on the production floor in co-operation with Supplier Quality engineers
- Undertaking, where appropriate, a Subject Matter Expert’s role for Regulatory Audit purposes
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualification and skills required:
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical experience is required.
- Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
- Has 2-4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
- Capable of technical leading, influencing and providing technical direction to Engineers, Coop Students, Technicians and operators as required.
- Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an aggressive, dynamic and results motivated environment
- Demonstrable analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
eFlexes are an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in the job role, please send your CV's over to email@example.com today.