- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We currently have an excellent opportunity for Grad Health & Safety Officer to join our long-established Tipperary (Nenagh area) based client. This position would suit recent Grad with 1 year + of experience in similar type role in industry.
Responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted.
Key responsibilities will include
• To inspect and audit sites across the business for H&S compliance
• To support and provide technical expertise to Managers in ensuring legislative compliance and improving health and safety in the business
• To deliver health and safety inductions and other safety training as required
• Support managers in performing risk assessments and implementing corrective actions
• To develop health and safety procedures, policies, work instructions, checklists etc
• To assist in the implementation of safety policies and procedures
• To ensure all accidents and near misses are fully reported and investigated
• Identify training needs and assist in the management of training records
• To assist as required in the design of training plans and training courses
• To perform chemical safety evaluations
• To liaise and coordinate with external consultants
• Coach employees on positive health & safety practice
• Carry out emergency plans and fire drills
KEY EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant third level Certificate qualification in Occupational Health & Safety essential.
• Experience of working in a manufacturing/food production company an advantage
• Thorough knowledge of current health and safety legislation
• Flexibility in working patterns where necessary
• Strong computer literacy essential.
• Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ideal but not necessary – Trained manual handling instructor
To organise immediate interview, please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer