We have an immediate opportunity with established Mid West based multinational organisation for an R&D Scientist to cover maternity leave 6-9 months approx.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Pivotally involved in all aspects of the development of new process from technology perspective – including - instrumentation; system hardware, software and peripherals; identification of and improvements to selective growth media and controls; project-related research and development, and optimising system components for subsequent commercialisation.
- To design and execute performance evaluation studies relevant to the application of technology in establishing the presence and extent of thermoduric bacteria in milk and dairy products along with other industry sectors as appropriate.
- Providing scientific and operational inputs to the beta trails at customer sites from time to time.
- Management of all related technology transfer from incumbent personnel and systems into a best practise curation of knowledge and information surrounding the project, in-house.
- Documentation of all test results; analysis of technical data and generation of technical reports and advisories, as appropriate.
- In conjunction with external consultants (and personnel from business partners) to manage the development, optimisation, calibration and validation of microbial growth curve convergence.
- Manage and drive product improvement/design change projects, including the pursuit of appropriate industry recognised accreditation of the technology assay with AOAC, IDF/ISO, and others considered by the Board from time to time to be value enhancing for the technology in the medium to longer term.
- Provide support and guidance to internal departments, with respect to product maintenance and support; failure investigation; problem resolution/ corrective action implementation, when required.
- Validation of excel templates for use in value assignment or other technical data analysis
- Management of routine Laboratory maintenance.
- Stock control/maintenance in line with department budget plans.
- Adherence to Laboratory health and safety requirements. Adherence to quality standards.
- Equipment calibration/maintenance.
- Procedural review and update as required.
- Supporting QA in the internal audit programme.
- Other duties that may become necessary as a result of system/process changes within or impacting R&D, as outlined by the CEO and other directors.
- Science Degree - Microbiology/Dairy Science/Nutritional Science essential.
- 3 to 5 years experience working in the culture and identiication of microorganisms, ideally in dairy sector
- Ability to work indenendently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of microbiological media, preparation and use.
- Abiity to work methodically and follow SOP's
- Organisation and preparation fo short technical reports.
- Strong IT and Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Report Writing skills.
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer.