eFlexes are currently recruiting a Senior Materials Planner for a Pharmaceutical company based in Shannon, Co Clare. The is a permanent position reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and comes with a competitive salary + benefits.
- Maintain full responsibility for the planning of strategic API’s.
- Facilitate the planning process to ensure stock coverage for each product as required including safety stock.
- Compliance with corporate requirements for the forecasting, purchasing and supply of starting materials and finished products.
- Ensuring the review of planning results after each planning period, confirming all risks are adequately mitigated and reported to management in a timely fashion.
- Processing and Analysis of MPS and MRP reports.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of API and finished product.
- Work as part of the corporate supply chain team including close liaison with various manufacturing sites providing them with accurate forecasts to facilitate capacity planning.
- Make full use of relevant software systems such as SAP APO, MDM integrating them into the planning function.
- Use of SAP APO as intended for planning and managing amendments.
- Developing and implementing process improvements with regard to planning.
- Developing the knowledge and experience of the Planning team and ensuring cross training in all functions.
- Appropriate planning for ancillary products such as packaging, consumables.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and that the organization is audit ready.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of medias.
- Tactful and confident at all levels both internal and external.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including contracts and agreements.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively.
- High standard of technical documentation, routine reports, correspondence, procedures and workflows, as well as presenting numerical data effectively. Demonstrate an aptitude for process improvement.
- Maintain an advanced working knowledge of software systems as required including Microsoft Office, SAP APO, MDM.
- Passion for data, analysis, trends, reporting.
- Excellent IT Skills – and knowledge of SAP would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated expertise in pharmaceutical operations, as well as knowledge of the commercial dynamics, trends, and regulatory procedures that affect the pharmaceutical business.
- The ability to identify patterns and trends in data, as well as to determine the root cause of problems and make appropriate conclusions from analysis.
- Develop good working connections with a variety of stakeholders, as well as a rapid grasp and comprehension of complicated problems with a large number of interconnected elements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role within the pharmaceutical industry.
- SAP ERP experience.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Death in Service.