Dietician Part-time HealthcareDirect Co. Galway
HealthcareDirect are currently looking to employ a part-time Dietician to join our team to support sessional work in the Galway area. You will work in a fully supported environment led by our Clinical Managers and be given the opportunity to work autonomously in the private healthcare sector. Salary is commensurate with experience. If you feel that you are the right person for the role then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Assessing and advising a wide range of patients with diet-related disorders on the practical ways in which they can improve their health by adopting healthier eating habits.
- Calculating patients' nutritional requirements using standard equations based on assessments of blood chemistry, temperature, stress, mobility and other relevant factors.
- Analysing the nutritional content of food (including new products).
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team in hospitals or in a community setting to gain patients' cooperation in following recommended dietary treatments.
- Educating other healthcare professionals about food and nutrition issues.
- Advising client's catering providers about the specific dietary requirements of patients.
- Writing reports and case notes and maintaining accurate records.
- Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies.
- Active engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g. Staff Training Days
- Participate in the service Annual Performance Review System.
Characteristics we value:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Degree qualified
- CORU registration
- 1 to 2 years post graduate clinical work experience
- Knowledge, understanding of nutritional intervention in a variety of clinical settings
- Full driver’s license and access to a car
- Private Indemnity Insurance
Healthcare Direct have a highly experienced team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech & Language Therapists and D