Part-Time Occupational Therapist
Care of the Elderly in Midlands
We are now recruiting for a part time/sessional Occupational Therapist/s for nursing homes in the Midlands region.
Healthcare Direct is a National Company delivering Occupational Therapy at the highest standards to extended care and step down facilities. Full professional clinical support and supervision and part of a dynamic wider multidisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities in the Care of the Elderly setting and in the community:
- Assess the case history of patients
- Devise and carry out appropriate assessments (e.g. seating, feeding, pressure relief, meaningful activities of daily living, cognitive and perceptual assessments. Advising on the use of medical aids and appliances, etc.
- Source medical equipment solutions as appropriate and document all recommendations
- Assist individuals in becoming independent following physical and mental-health problems
- Work with other health professionals such as nurses, speech therapists, physiotherapists, activity coordinators etc
- Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- An inquiring and creative mind
- Problem –solving approach
- Experience in providing OT to the elderly population
- Degree qualified
- Membership of the AOTI
- 1 years experience working as an OT in the public or private sector
- CORU registration
- Full drivers license/ access to a car
Excellent training in occupational therapy, working with a dynamic OT team with peer support and full supervision.