Please type in jo
Part Time Permanent
HealthcareDirect are currently looking to employ a permanent part time Occupational Therapist to join our team in Dublin. 3 days per week with opportunities to increase to full time in the near future. You will work in a community hospital/ step down facility based in South Dublin. You will work in a fully supported environment lead by our OT Clinical Manager and be given the opportunity to work autonomously in the private healthcare sector. Salary is commensurate with experience. If you feel that you are the right person for the role we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Lead a small team of Occupational Therapists in a community hospital setting.
- Participate in service development and audits.
- Day to day supervision of junior Occupational Therapists.
- Deliver a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service to Adults and Older Adults consisting of physical, sensory and cognitive assessment and treatment.
- Devise and carry out appropriate assessments e.g. functional and meaningful activities of daily living, seating, hoist & slings.
- Support a safe discharge to the person’s own home, including carrying out home visits and liaising with community services.
- Work with other Healthcare Professionals such as Nurses, Speech & Language Therapists and Physiotherapists.
- Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies.
- Active engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g. Staff Training Days
- Participate in the service Annual Performance Review System.
Characteristics we value:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Problem –solving approach
- Ideally 3 years’ experience working as an OT in the public or private sector
- Experience in providing OT to the elderly population
- CORU registration
- Membership of the AOTI