- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
- EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Occupational Therapist Manager
Healthcare Direct is a wholly owned Irish company delivering clinical services on a nationwide basis.
We deliver Occupational Therapy services at the highest clinical standards to a broad range of clients in the private and public healthcare sectors.
We are now recruiting for a full-time Occupational Therapist Manager, to enhance the management team and to provide leadership and support to the Occupational Therapy team.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
• Provide clear strategic direction and leadership for the delivery of an evidenced based, quality assured and person centred Occupational Therapy service.
• Manage the team of Occupational Therapists in line with the highest possible standards of professional practice and maximum efficiency.
• Recruit, induct and provide ongoing support to develop a skilled team of Occupational Therapy staff.
• Lead staff development and performance management building high levels of morale among the OT team.
• Build strong client relationships with periodic service audit visits to review service deliverables and setting new goals.
• Research and promote new initiatives and projects which will improve and expand the Occupational Therapy services provided to our clients.
• Evaluate and develop operational policies, protocols and guidelines in accordance with standards of best practice and in compliance with statutory and risk management requirements.
• Ensure work schedules are created to provide for the most effective and efficient deployment of staff in response to our clients’ needs.
• Maybe required to manage own clinical caseload as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an open and transparent approach to work.
• Demonstrates and encourages a strong work ethic.
• Projects a professional image and acts as a role model to others.
• Understands the relevant Occupational Therapy related best practice standards and guidelines.
• Strategic thinker who can develop clear and effective tactical plans and solutions.
• Be customer focused and be happy to travel on a nationwide basis
• Degree/Masters in Occupational Therapy.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior OT / OT Management role.
• Membership of the AOTI & CORU registration.
• Full drivers license.
• Competent and proficient OT skills.