- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Part Time Permanent, Occupational Therapist, HealthcareDirect, Mayo/ Sligo
HealthcareDirect are currently looking to employ a permanent part time Occupational Therapist to join our team in Mayo/ Sligo. You will work in the community and private nursing home setting. One day per week to begin with opportunities to increase working hours in the near future. Sessions are typically 3 or 6 and 7.5 hours in duration. You will work in a fully supported environment lead by our OT Clinical Manager and be given the opportunity to work autonomously in the private healthcare sector. Salary is commensurate with experience. If you feel that you are the right person for the role we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
• Deliver a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service to Adults and Older Adults consisting of physical, sensory and cognitive assessment and treatment.
• Devise and carry out appropriate assessments e.g. functional and meaningful activities of daily living, seating, restrictive practice, hoist & slings.
• Work with other Healthcare Professionals such as Nurses, Speech & Language Therapists and Physiotherapists.
• Liaise with resident’s families and other relevant agencies.
• Active engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g. Staff Training Days
• Participate in the service Annual Performance Review System.
Characteristics we value:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Good practical skills
• Ability to work in a team
• Problem –solving approach
• 1 years’ experience working as an OT in the public or private sector
• Experience in providing OT to the elderly population
• CORU registration
• Membership of the AOTI
• Full driver’s license and access to a car
• Private Indemnity Insurance
Healthcare Direct have a highly experienced team of Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists supported by Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy Managers. We specialise in providing healthcare services to the public and private sectors across Ireland. We provide patient centred quality care in a wide range of settings including community hospitals, nursing and residential care settings, specialist care centres, and also private sessions in patients’ homes. As such, we see a broad and diverse range of clinical presentations.
Healthcare Direct fully believes in supporting its staff members and supporting employees with Continuing Professional Development (CPD). The post-holder would benefit from:
• Full professional clinical support and supervision from our dedicated Clinical Management Team.
• Extensive support from the wider Operations Management Team.
• In-house training to support you in your role with potential career progression in the areas of Occupational Therapy.
• Support in attending external CPD courses relevant to the post.
Please send your CV to Mary Fleming at Healthcare Direct firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Conan Lang Clinical OT Manager at Healthcare Direct. email@example.com
Alternatively contact our office on 1850-749746