Chartered Physiotherapy required for a multi-disciplined role in the Dublin area, working with the ageing population in elderly care settings while also performing orthopaedic and musculoskeletal assessments and treatments with clients in an acute setting.
Our client is seeking to hire a Chartered Physiotherapist (ISCP and CORU membership essential).
Overview of Role:
- Design and Development of focused individual care plans and group exercise sessions to maintain and improve quality of life for the resident community
- Setting outcome measures using research based functional and fitness assessments
- Providing ongoing one to one physiotherapy sessions to residents based on completion of initial baseline assessments
- Maintaining and updating individual resident and client records
- Working hand in hand with the home medical team to integrate physiotherapy as an integral part of the care plans
- Clients would include predominantly (but not exclusively) geriatrics with physical and mental pathologies, (stroke, - Alzheimer's and related dementias) right through to able bodied and active ageing adults
- To provide individualised treatment programmes for clients in an acute setting based on orthopaedic physiotherapy assessments
- Evaluate client progress, based on validated and standardised outcome measures, reassess, alter and progress treatment programmes accordingly
- Third Level Degree in Physiotherapy qualification
- Current member of ISCP and CORU is a must
- Experience either working or knowledge of a long term geriatric population would be greatly beneficial but not essential
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
- Will require own transport