- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (12 Month FTC)
An exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant on a 12-month FTC, has arisen with a well-established global company based in Shannon, Co. Clare. Initially, this position will be on a remote WFH basis.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial activities of the organisation; control of financial resources and ensuring that all systems and procedures comply with applicable regulations, accounting principles and standards.
Main Responsibilities will include:
• Monthly financial accounts preparation for all foreign subsidiaries including:
o Preparation of month-end journal entries
o Profit & Loss
o Balance Sheet
o Analytical reviews
o Resolving any issues that arise
• Completion of monthly reports, for example margin analysis and shipping cost analysis.
• Liaising with both internal and external Auditors and preparation of audit files.
• Responsible for ensuring internal controls and procedures are operating effectively and continue to be compliant with agreed practices.
• Maintenance of the International Fixed Asset register
• Intercompany reconciliations
• Marketing and Program development fund ownership
• Accounts payable – review of invoice posting.
• Supplier Payment runs
• Supplier reconciliations
• Review of peers’ work
• Revenue review with 3rd party logistic company
• Ad-Hoc projects
Qualifications & Skills:
• The ideal person will be a recently qualified accountant (preferably with Big 4 experience).
• Will have knowledge and some exposure to Irish and US GAAP.
• Previous exposure to internal controls.
• Working knowledge of Great Plains or similar accounting packages.
• Experience of working to tight deadlines and managing key finance deliverables.
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail required.
• Business focused with good technical knowledge.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Suite with very strong Excel skills.
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com or to discuss the role in the strictest confidence please call Angelina on 086 0205506.