Are you a qualified Financial Accountant interested in working within the Aviation Industry? If so, our Shannon based Client, a long-established aviation company, have the perfect opportunity for a Financial Accountant on a 12-month contract.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance – Europe & Asia, this high-profile role will entail providing strong Financial Controllership and Leadership to the organisation.
Main Duties will include:
- Prepare and provide monthly, quarterly & annual Executive updates on company performance
- Oversight of Europe and Asia month end financial reporting
- Ownership of preparation and publication of Global Consolidated Financials and Finance Pack
- External Audit oversight for all Europe and Asia Entities, along with oversight for Global entity
- Internal Controls oversight, reviewing the controls environment, ensuring effective and robust policies, procedures and controls are in place
- Board Of Directors Meetings – Financial ownership of Board Pack
- Strategic Business Case involvement (e.g., Expansion, M&A, Investment, etc.)
- Responsibility for continually assessing our current Finance and related IT applications to ensure all tools are working efficiently. Identify any risks or concerns and develop a risk mitigation plan to address
- Attend/Chair relevant cross-functional calls requiring Finance Support
- Ad hoc project engagement
Candidates will require:
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA, CIMA etc.) with a minimum of 1-2 years industry experience
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen, specifically be able to articulate how operational activities impact accounting entries and ultimately financial results
- Strong audit background
- Must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and understand key variables to minimize risk
- Proven aptitude for process improvement / process re-engineering
- Self-starter with a high level of diligence and the ability to work on own initiative and in conjunction with other key process leaders
- Goal oriented and results driven with a strong desire to see tasks through to completion with a realistic and pragmatic approach to objectives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; (verbal, written and presentations)
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively at all levels within the organization including Operations and Finance Executive Management Team.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com or call 086 0205506 to discuss in confidence.