Activities Coordinator (Part-Time Limerick)
The successful candidate will be responsible for organising and coordinating activities for active daily living for the elderly with the overall aim of improving their intellectual, physical and general health and wellbeing. The Activities Coordinator will identity the needs of both individual and collective groups and tailor a suitable weekly/ongoing activities programme.
Responsibilities to include:
- The main aim is to improve the intellectual, physical and overall health of the people in your care
- Organise and co-ordinate an activities programme that will maintain interest and progression of individual and group participants over a period of time
- Activities need to be developed in conjunction other clinical team members to ensure they are safe and relevant to the patients requirements e.g. Occupational Therapist, Nursing Staff
- Liaise with third parties to organise entertainment and events
- Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your activities
- Organise and escort residents on trips out with company transport.
- Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings
- Previous work experience in a similar role working with the elderly with a wide range of practical and creative skills e.g. arts, crafts, spots coaching etc
- Ideally have a relevant FETAC and/or SONAS related training
- Basic first aid training or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills to deliver your activity programmes to a range of people
- Committed, patient and caring approach with a good sense of humour and a positive outlook on life
- Candidates will be required to complete a Garda Vetting application