- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Airfreight Export/Import Operator with Logistics client based in Shannon. Position will report to Branch Manager, with immediate start and will be offered on full-time permanent basis.
Purpose of Role:
To provide a professional and efficient airfreight export service to both internal and external customers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Processing shipment export/import bookings.
• Monitoring shipments from point of Customer booking to arrival at final destination and customer payment.
• Export/Import Customs Clearance Processing
• Providing a high level of Customer Service to both internal and external customers.
• Negotiation with airlines to ensure that the best possible rate and transit times are secured on our customers behalf.
• Liaising with warehouse and transport companies regarding collections/deliveries and the processing of airfreight shipments.
• Labelling freight for export.
• Processing Sales and Purchase Invoices and dealing with any queries relating to Customer/Creditor invoices.
• Dealing with rate requests and issuing quotations to customers and agents.
• Proactive participation and ability to work on own initiative within a very busy team.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to escalate internally as required.
• Driving licence essential.
• Hazardous goods and ACSP training a distinct advantage.
• Development of Airfreight Export/Import service.
• Assist with providing holiday cover within the operations office.
• Providing administration support to other departments when required.
• Occasional Customer visits.
• Additional duties based on business needs.
• Degree in Business or similar - ideally.
• 4 years + experience in similar role in Logistics sector.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer interface skills.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong IT Skills, particularly Microsoft suite of products.
• Ability to work effectively as part of team.
• Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise and effectively manage workload.
• Fluent English both oral and written.
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer