Due to the growth in the market, our client in Co. Clare is seeking a fully qualified Electrician with responsibility for installing solar PV systems for domestic, commercial/industrial, and agricultural settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out each duty that your allocated Team Leader has given you.
- Examine survey notes and project plans to ensure the project is constructed as intended.
- When necessary, coordinate travel times with other teams.
- Determine (using a checklist, for example) and load up the items needed for the project.
- Identify any electrical, environmental, or safety risks that may be present at the location of photovoltaic (PV) installations.
- Apply the appropriate safety gear and clothing correctly and wear PPE when necessary.
- Ensure that the designs or configurations of PV systems are based on elements like customer requirements, expectations, and site conditions.
- Choose the proper shapes, capacities, and placements for all surge suppression, grounding, and system overcurrent equipment.
- Assist with all aspects of electrical installation and commissioning for a PV system, such as electrical wiring, mounting of inverters and batteries, testing, installation of main switches, and other typical electrical work for commercial and residential buildings.
- Check the wiring, polarity, grounding, and termination integrity of any electrical installation twice.
- Participate in installations as a site team member, ensuring effective, safe, and high-quality work while adhering to the Company's strict installation standards, industry best practices, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Assess system performance and operational parameters to determine how well systems and equipment are operating.
- Program, alter, or configure controls and inverters for desired operating modes and set points.
- Test operating voltages to guarantee operation within permissible bounds.
- Gather, document, and submit all project-related paperwork.
- Adhere to the strictest housekeeping guidelines established by the company, ensuring that the customer's premises are left exactly as they were. All trash, dust, cardboard, plastics, cables, etc., must be picked up, taken off the property, and disposed of properly.
- Complete the weekly van checklist and take responsibility for maintaining the Company's vehicle at all times in a clean, orderly, and litter-free manner.
- Follow your team leader's instructions when working directly or indirectly with customers, contractors, and other members of the relevant team.
- Stay current on standards and best practices for PV design and installation. Assist in determining the cause of any PV system flaws, system malfunctions, and operational problems.
- Communicate with consumers in a polite, caring, and professional manner and do your utmost to address any questions or concerns.
- Show the customer how the system works and performs, including how to start it up, shut it down, operate it normally, and operate it in an emergency or bypass mode.
- Enthusiasm for renewable energy.
- Registered electrician with RECI and Safe Electric.
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others.
- Positive attitude and professionalism.
- Monday to Friday - Primarily early starts - 1 installation per day - Flexibility with time.
- Working knowledge of solar would be advantageous but is not required.
- Safe Pass.
- Full Driving License.
- Willingness to travel.
To apply, please email your CV to Jake.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 085 800 7936 for further details.