- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We have an immediate opportunity with long established multinational client for an Lab Technician (Metallurgy) on 6 months contract, with opportunity to extend.
1. Responsible for the provision of Metallurgical Laboratory support for the ongoing quality controls of significant process in the organisation, in the development of NPI and investigation of product quality defects relating to material or process defects.
2. To ensure the retention and storage of all Metallurgical samples and reports and traceability at all times in compliance with the regulatory requirements pertaining to record retention and control.
3. Maintenance of the metallurgical laboratory equipment in line with the prescribed preventative maintenance program
- Processing of all control samples in a timely and efficient manner to meet the requirements of the production teams
- Processing of samples for NPI & Continuous Improvement projects in a timely manner
- Maintenance of the Metallurgical database relating to process control samples and preparation of the control samples for storage by the technical library.
- Participating in Failure Investigations and Process Improvement projects
- Preparation of metallurgical reports
- Maintenance of the metallurgical laboratory equipment in line with the prescribed preventative maintenance program
- Preparation of control samples for Production / NPI / Improvement projects
- Continuous learning to maintain knowledge level current with best practices.
- Certificate / Diploma in Materials / Engineering
- Metallurgical Laboratory qualifications
- Thorough approach to work with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Team player and responsive to internal customer requirements
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills with a professional and flexible approach to work.
- 2-5 years laboratory experience working in a similar type role, preferably in metallurgy
- Working knowledge of one of the following disciplines: Welding, Brazing, Protective coatings
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
Please forward your updated CV immediately to email@example.com
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer.