Our Clare based Client requires a Senior Controls Engineer for a 12 month contract,to be based at their customer site in Co. Cork. There is potential for the successful candidate at the end of the contract to secure a permanent role at the Shannon base.
This role requires a Senior Controls expert to deliver on site support of their bespoke high tech automation equipment, at installation, commissioning, and debug stages. This customer facing role requires strong communication skills coupled with a high level of flexibility and professionalism.
Meeting the customer needs, delivering to schedule, and providing a best in class customer experience, are the fundamental components of this role, to ensure we develop a lasting partnership with our key customers.
Responsiblities will include:
- Contribute to the management, communication, execution & delivery of allocated projects.
- Where necessary lead meetings with Customers & communicate findings to Controls team.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies.
- Support Customers with machine improvements.
- Support department goals and objectives.
- Provide feedback on machines on Customer sites.
- Customer point of contact.
- Work to the project plan and schedule as determined by the Team/Project Lead.
- Work closely with the Project Management team and cross functional team.
- Ensure project requirements are reviewed and agreed with the Customer, and understood by yourself and project team.
- Plan project tasks and resources within your remit and oversee completion within the projects you have responsibility for.
- Monitor Project variables (Time, Cost, Scope, Risk) and communicate the status to the Team Leader & Project Manager as appropriate.
- Comply with all relevant quality standards (Revision Control, Documentation, Procedures, etc.)
- Ensure communication takes place in a clear, timely, professional manner and all records maintained.
- Attend meeting at headquarters in Shannon when required.
The candidate will have:
- A Level 8 Degree in one of the following disciplines Electronics, IT or Technology
- 5 years experience, all, or some, of which should include working on automation projects
- Experience in a similar customer facing role
- Experience in programming PLCs, including hardware layout and configuration
- Experience in Allen Bradley Platforms essential
Additional Skills & Attributes:
- Programming experience in Robotics, Vision or Scada systems
- Experience in setting up Data Historians with Web Front End
- Experience in VB, HTML or .NET programming
- Knowledge of the stages of a System Design Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in FDA regulated industries such as Medical Device and Pharmaceutical
The ideal candidate will be:
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated, Trustworthy & efficient
- Ability to make responsible and effective decisions
- Systems thinker
- Positive and proactive attitude
To apply please submit a word version copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me directly on 086 0205506 for a confidential discussion.
'eflexes is an equal opportunities employer'