- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Staff Engineer with Automation and Controls experience to work at our customer premises based in Limerick. This is a very exciting opportunity for the ideal candidate to work with one of the world's leading medical technology companies
The Staff Engineer will provide technical leadership in the manufacturing facility. They will possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of a particular field of specialization and deliver complex assignments.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Provide Technical leadership from an automation engineering perspective.
• Lead initiatives in the standardisation of automated systems and equipment.
• Ownership of the plant metrics from an engineering perspective.
• Design and develop proof of concepts for new processes or process improvements as required.
• Technical and operational support to manufacturing operations.
• Act as a mentor to new or less experienced Engineers.
• Management of significant Automation Engineering projects through PMO.
• Developing machine design control systems including PLC, Servo, Robotics, Vision, RFID etc.
• Ensure quality of process and product as defined in appropriate OS and Material specifications.
• Provide structured problem solving and technical support for existing automated systems.
• Continuously improve the performance of the process.
• Participating within project teams, providing technical support and making informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
• Optimisation of current floor space.
• Designing and building tools and dashboards to help track changes in the automation KPIs across multiple platforms and applications.
• Provide support to Advanced Operations on technology development and application within the manufacturing process.
• Engage in the implementation of lean manufacture within manufacturing.
• Develop Automation Dashboards and formulate KPIs to highlight automated improvement opportunities.
• Interface with Materials Science, Design and Quality Assurance departments to provide customer with a quality product in a timely manner.
• Validation, Appraisal and support of Automated equipment and application suppliers.
• Provide guidance, training and mentoring to project teams for the implementation of automation processes and best practices as needed.
• Support process development and scrap and cost reduction activities within the business units.
• Communicate and participate in system and process troubleshooting with support team members and with external agents.
Qualifications and skills necessary:
• Level 8 Degree in Electronics systems, Automation / Controls Technology or relevant discipline or equivalent technical experience is required.
• Proven Project Management skills through the delivery of business critical projects.
• Has minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external agents.
• Capable of working as part of a multi-disciplined team in an fast, dynamic and results motivated environment
• Demonstrable strong analytical & problem solving skills, a process improvement orientation, and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent presentation and written / verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
• A team player, with a flexible approach.
• Technological expert, willing to source, investigate and implement technological and automation advances
• Confident and effective decision maker, with a proven technical leadership ability to negotiate and influence others.
eFlees is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity further please send your CV todayto firstname.lastname@example.org