- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We are currently recruiting for exciting new opportunity for EHS Specialist with long established multinational client in the region. Reporting to the Quality Manager, scope of the role includes all aspect of EHS and will be offered on full time permanent basis.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Take responsibility for review, interpretation, communication and implementation of all applicable Safety Legislation.
• Maintain 18001 OHSAS compliance standards throughout organisation.
• Maintain internal audit program and perform regular spot check assessments in accordance with organisation Safety procedures to assure the organisation continues to be safe and secure place to work .
• Monitor safety performance and provide updates and recommendations to the Quality Manager
• Generate health and safety performance statistics as required \ identify trends and take appropriate actions to ensure safety standards \ compliance are maintained \ communicated.
• Co-ordinate Risk Assessment Programme and appropriate follow-up actions.
• Co-ordinate Occupational Health Monitoring programs – assessing trends \ proposing recommendations.
• Identify Training Needs \ Programs and subsequently develop and deliver to Employees, Contractors and Customers to ensure the company maintain the required degree of competence with regard to Safety Awareness.
• To lead incident reporting \ investigation ensuring root cause analysis and propose \ confirm corrective/preventative actions are implemented.
• Generate Management reports both internally, the organisation and external agencies as appropriate.
• Support evaluation of new activities / equipment in regards to H\S Legislation \ implementation.
• To ensure continuous development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan.
• Maintain training \ statistical data \ records as appropriate.
• Coordinate Safety Committee meetings and First Aid activities.
• To liaise with other colleagues in other locations in relation to relevant issues / developments
• Liaise with internal and external parties.
• Support the Quality Manager with the development of a safety culture utilising regular communication media \ Safety Topics \ Awareness campaigns.
• To support EHS specialiast team and other members of the Quality Team, in carrying out their duties.
• Undertake projects and other tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager.
Candidates should hold the following experience\qualifications:
• Hold a degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
• Must have experience in Safety Management System Implementation OH SAS (preferably OHSAS 18001.)
• Understand and be able to interpret Safety legislation and compliance standard requirements.
• Be able to demonstrate a successful record as a H&S professional, with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a dynamic industrial environment.
• Be interested and willing to learn about all aspects of the Health, Safety and Environment aspects of this broad role.
• The EHS specialist should possess excellent communication skills, should be able to challenge and positively influence in a busy operational environment.
• Have the ability to interact readily across different departments and to engage Senior Management to achieve improved health and safety performance.
• Skills in Project Management and an understanding of Continuous Improvement systems would be beneficial.
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer