- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY (EHS) MANAGER
Permanent Positionfor our Client in Shannon. Health and Safety Engineer will be responsible forensuring the delivery of all H&S projects and initiatives in the plantinvolving our people, processes,machinery and equipment in Manufacturing .
•Ensure compliance across the plant to Company, Corporate,Legal and Environmental responsibilities
•Provide expert advice on a range of specialist areas, eg.Fire regulations, hazardous substances, Noise, safeguarding machinery.
•Carrying out risk assessments, communicating findings andensuring actions are closed within allocated timeframes
•Advise and represent the company on all regulatory matters
•Liaise with external Health and Safety related bodies
•Complete incident investigation activities including the identificationof root cause and follow up on correction actions.
•Represent the plant on all H&S matters internally andexternally including Monthly and Quarterly Divisional Reviews.
•Deliver Health and Safety inductions to new hires, prepareand deliver toolbox talks, ensuring all regulatory H&S training aremaintained and up to date
•Take ownership of the delivery and development of H&Sprojects and policies
•Complete all H&S reporting requirements for the plant
•Audit performance and compliance with policies, programmesand procedures
•To undertake any other duties required associated withHealth and Safety matters to meet the needs of the business.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
The successful candidate will hold degree in Occupational Healthand Safety and/or appropriate qualification. Minimum 3 years Health and Safety experience in a manufacturingenvironment & track record in reporting to Global Team.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
· Excellent communication skills: written, verbaland interpersonal,
· Excellent organisational skills, ability topriorities work and multiple tasks
· High level proficiency in Word, Excel,PowerPoint,
· Strong presentation skills
· Hands on experience with ability to design andimplement safety
· Proactive, self-starter, who must be able towork independently without supervision
· Good attention to detail, resulting in highlevel of accuracy in all aspects of the position
· Positive attitu