- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We currently have an excellent opportunity for Grad Health & Safety Officer to join our long-established Tipperary (Nenagh area) based client. This position would suit recent Grad with 1 year + of experience in similar type role in industry.
Responsible for ensuring that all safety legislation is adhered to and policies and practices are adopted and will include travelling to our other site in Limerick & Galway
Key responsibilities will include
• To inspect and audit sites across the business for H&S compliance
• To support and provide technical expertise to Managers in ensuring legislative compliance and improving health and safety in the business
• To deliver health and safety inductions and other safety training as required
• Support managers in performing risk assessments and implementing corrective actions
• To develop health and safety procedures, policies, work instructions, checklists etc
• To assist in the implementation of safety policies and procedures
• To ensure all accidents and near misses are fully reported and investigated
• Identify training needs and assist in the management of training records
• To assist as required in the design of training plans and training courses
• To perform chemical safety evaluations
• To liaise and coordinate with external consultants
• Coach employees on positive health & safety practice
• Carry out emergency plans and fire drills
KEY EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant third level minimum Certificate qualification in Occupational Health & Safety essential.
• Experience of working in a manufacturing/food production company an advantage
• Thorough knowledge of current health and safety legislation
• Flexibility in working patterns where necessary
• Strong computer literacy essential.
• Ability to work on own initiative and possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ideal but not necessary – Trained manual handling instructor
To organise immediate interview, please email your cv to email@example.com
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer