- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
- EXECUTIVE SEARCH
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager with long established multinational client based in Shannon. Reporting to General Manager responsible for directing all operational functions and activities including manufacturing, management of P&L, production planning and budgeting.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for delivering all operational objectives for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual metrics.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure the manufacturing operation accomplishes Safety, Quality, Output and Cost performance objectives. When misses occur, develops a credible recovery plan with team.
• Manage daily / weekly production meetings reporting on all metrics
• Manage performance productivity and hold accountability for that performance.
• Implement Lean Manufacturing principles
• Preparation and management of the operations budget
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental, health and safety regulations.
• Leads the operations team in developing and delivering business strategy and improvements.
• Direct and coordinate manufacturing activities based on policies, objectives and programs spanning manufacturing functions.
• Communicate effectively with customers, suppliers and corporate colleagues at all levels.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with quality standards to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and standard of products is maintained.
O Degree educated or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject (preferably engineering).
O Six Sigma certification desirable
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 7 years manufacturing operations management experience. Background and knowledge of engineering production methods preferred.
• Lean manufacturing experience desirable
• Experience of working in a unionised environment strongly desirable
• Excellent leadership qualities, positively models behaviour and leads by example.
• Successful track record with strong career progression within forward thinking organisation.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team and manage supervisors.
• Highest level of professionalism and integrity.
• Operates to the highest ethical, moral and legal standards.
• Ability to influence and negotiate.
• Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation.
• Excellent financial, commercial and operational acumen.
• Highest level of attention to detail.
• Exercises discretion and confidentiality as required.
• Hands on problem solver.
• Ability to cope with competing demands and to prioritise tasks.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Driver of change.
• Strong work ethic.
Please call Nuala McMahon – email@example.com 061 474626 to discuss the role in confidence.