- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Brazing Operator –Galway City
eFlexes are currently hiring Brazing Operators with background knowledge in brazing copper piping . Our customer is a precision piping assembly company based in Galway City. This full time role will involve working day shift Monday to Friday with flexibility to do overtime on request.
The successfull candidate be: knowledgeable of metalworking safety protocols, familiar with brazing techniques and materials as well as be able to use metalworking robotic devices and other metalworking equipment
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
-Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
-Heat soldering irons or workpieces to specified temperatures for soldering, using gas flames or electric current.
-Melt and separate brazed or soldered joints to remove and straighten damaged or misaligned components, using hand torches, irons, or furnaces.
- Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
- Guide torches and rods along joints of workpieces to heat them to brazing temperature, melt braze alloys, and bond workpieces together.
-Adjust electric current and timing cycles of resistance welding machines to heat metals to bonding temperature.
-Select torch tips, flux, and brazing alloys from data charts or work orders.
- Align and clamp workpieces together, using rules, squares, or hand tools, or position items in fixtures, jigs, or vises.
- Connect hoses from torches to regulator valves and cylinders of oxygen and specified gas fuels.
- Previous experience in brazing/soldering in a workshop or manufacturing setting ESSENTIAL
- 2+ years’ experience working a manufacturing environment
An Interview and full brazing/solder assessment will form part of the assessment for this role.
To apply immediately, please email your CV to email@example.com
eFlexes are an equal opportunities employer