- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
Job Title: Psychologist - Contract Role Cork
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, in a purpose-built facility.
Was founded on the philosophy of ‘a local service for local needs’. They provide comprehensive services for both children and adults with an intellectual disability and autism in the West Cork area.
Senior Psychologist - will be offered a 2 day per week contract
Graduate Psychologist - will be offered 3 day per week contract
Location: Clonakilty, Co. Cork Salary: Negotiable - based on experience
Education and Experience required for this role:
Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) accreditation is essential for this role.
Completion of a recognised postgraduate training programme and experience in clinical psychology at doctorate level is desirable. An excellent academic record, and appropriate personal qualities (maturity, emotional stability etc) are required. Relevant experience is essential in dealing with children and adults with complex needs and disabilities.
• Diagnosing and clarifying problems by discussion, interview and questionnaire
• Offering therapy for difficulties relating to clients needs
• Assessing and working with a wide range of clients, especially in the area of children
• Working hours: mainly 9.00am–5.00pm, possibly with some extra hours.
• Travel: may be required occasionally.
Skills and qualities
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Excellent motivational skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Great patience and the ability to empathise
• Ability to inspire trust and confidence in people from a wide range of backgrounds
• Ability to explain complex issues to people with little or no specialist knowledge
• Excellent observational skills coupled with the ability to interpret people's body language as well as what they say
• Ability to produce clear, concise written reports.
Please email your CV to email@example.com Today