Part Time/flexible working Occupational Therapist
Adults Intellectual Disabilities
We are now recruiting for a part time Occupational Therapist position in Cork working with adults with developmental disorders and/ or intellectual disability. This position is initially 12 hours/ month with a view to increase. Flexible/ evening working appropriate.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Assess the case history of patients.
- Devise and carry out appropriate assessments (e.g. seating, feeding, cognitive and perceptual).
- Support with the development of recreational activities and daily living skills
- Advising on the use of medical aids and appliances, etc.
- Assist individuals in becoming independent following physical and mental-health problems.
- Work with other health professionals such as nurses, speech therapists, physiotherapists, activity coordinators etc
- Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- An inquiring and creative mind
- Problem –solving approach
- Experience in providing OT to individuals with developmental disorders and/ or intellectual disability.
- Experience and interest in sensory integration
- Degree qualified
- Membership of the AOTI
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working as an OT in the public or private sector
- CORU registration
Healthcare Direct is a National Company delivering Occupational Therapy at the highest standards to extended care and step down facilities. Full professional clinical support and supervision and part of a dynamic wider Occupational Therapy team.