Please type in job
Part-Time Occupational Therapist
Elective Orthopaedic setting
Healthcare Direct is a National Company delivering Occupational Therapy at the highest standards to a broad range of clients in the private and public healthcare sectors. Full professional clinical support and supervision are provided and you will be part of a dynamic wider multidisciplinary team.
We are now recruiting for a part-time Occupational Therapist to work in an orthopaedic hospital setting in Limerick. This position will initially involve a 2.5 day week.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Deliver a comprehensive occupational therapy support service to patients prior to and following their elective orthopaedic surgery.
- Be responsible for client assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individualised treatment/intervention plans that are patient centred and in line with best practice.
- Collaborate with patients, family, and other staff in treatment planning /intervention to ensure that an optimum service is provided for all patients.
- Communicate and work in co-operation with other team members in providing an integrated top-quality service.
- Document patient records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies.
- Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance.
- Active engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g. Staff Training Days, completing relevant training courses, attending educational seminars etc.
- Maybe required to perform home adaptation assessments in patient’s home from time to time.
- Liaise with other Healthcare Professionals as necessary such as nurses, physiotherapists and social care personnel etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good practical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- An inquiring and creative mind
- Problem –solving approach
- Degree/Masters in Occupational Therapy
- Experience in providing OT support in an orthopaedic setting