- Candidate Hub
- ABOUT US
- CONTACT US
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Business Unit Leader with long established multinational client based in Shannon, Co. Clare. It is a full time permanent role with attractive package available for the successful candidate. The person will manage the day-to-day running of production process area assigned to ensure on-time delivery of product in line with agreed cost and quality parameters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of a product unit (35 - 45 processors and 2 Team Leaders) to ensure delivery of product in line with agreed TAT and quality levels
- Responsible for the team budget and contributing to achievement of the overall production financial budget.
- Management of the production team to ensure achievement of key indices that include Customer deliveries, labour efficiency, scrap, overtime, absenteeism, and machine downtime, in line with agreed targets.
- Recruitment and development of team personnel
- Setting and achieving key performance metrics for the team
- Manage communications within their production area to ensure all personnel are fully aware of company goals and performance.
- Develop good communications, which lead to team participation with other functions in the organization.
- Provide performance measurement and feedback to production team.
- Develop and manage the production personnel to ensure sufficient skilled labour is in place to meet Production requirements.
- Adhere to all company standards, policies, and procedures including health and safety requirements.
- Develop a climate of employee participation within production.
- Provide leadership and encourage team members taking responsibility.
- Provide the necessary support in the training and development of production operators.
- Work with Engineering and quality on the identification & implementation of productivity improvement programs.
- Facilitate all approved initiatives from other teams which impact on the jobholder’s team
- Ensure partner functions are aware of production requirements in relation to preventative maintenance, new process equipment, personnel, etc, and agree planned delivery to meet company goals
- Driving continuous improvement activities within the area
- Ensure cell is clean and well organized
- 3+ years of experience in leading a team within a production environment
- Demonstrated planning ability
- Ability to work closely with engineering, customer services and other functional departments
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing would be an advantage
- Ability to manage personnel and complex activities.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and barriers
- Diplomacy and negotiating ability.
- Diploma or Certificate in business related subject desirable.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven strong Team leading ability as well as a major contributor to projects and programs.
- Proven ability to drive continuous improvement through a team using leadership and motivational tools
- Diploma/Degree level
eFlexes is an equal opportunities employer