Delivery Service Manager
eFlexes have a fantastic opportunity for a Delivery Service Manager with a long-established client based in Limerick.
The Delivery Service Manager will be responsible for planning, co-ordinating, supervising and reporting on the work activities of the Delivery Service Warehouse.
Reporting to the General Manager of Transport & Warehousing and serving as a member of the wider warehousing Management Team this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organisational effectiveness in the areas of leadership, effective communication, motivation, training & development and Health & Safety.
Ensure the team are working together to achieve site, team and customer KPIs. Responsibility for maintaining and managing the Delivery Service Warehouse activity. Identify operational improvements and discuss options / suggestions with the General Manager.
For a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all service centre activities including inputting daily backlog volume ensuring that the operation can meet demand.
- Manage the health & safety of employees and emergency systems, according to company policy and relevant law. Look at continuous health & safety improvements and compliance with SOPs.
- Flex up and down resources as required to meet the demands of the operation on a daily basis
- Preparation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Provide leadership to your direct reports and wider operations team, ensuring smooth day to day running of the Service Centre.
- Ensure timely and effective communication on a daily basis with your teams & Client Teams
- Optimise the use of personnel, equipment and resources in meeting demanding Critical Pull Time (CPT) schedule
- Accomplishes Service Centre and human resource objectives by ensuring that the selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, adhering to policies and procedures are carried out.
- Ownership of Profit and Loss for the Delivery Centre
- Support the General Manager and respond effectively and efficiently to request from Management Team as required
- Complete performance appraisals and execution of your direct report’s development plans.
Skills and Experiences Required:
- Supply Chain, Logistics or Business-related Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels internally and externally
- Commercial acumen and an understanding of managing P&L at site level
- Proficient in all MS Office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven experience in managing warehouse operations
- Experience working within an ISO environment would also be beneficial.
- Knowledge of warehouse management ERP systems (SAP, WMS)
Apply today, email your CV directly to email@example.com or call 086 0205506