Chartered Physiotherapist required for a multi-disciplined role in the Limerick area performing orthopaedic and musculoskeletal assessments and treatments with clients in an acute and private practice settings. This role will also involve an element of working with the ageing population in elderly care settings (ISCP and CORU membership essential).
Overview of Role:
- Providing individualised physiotherapy assessments to patients in the areas of musculoskeletal, neurological and respiratory care
- Design and Development of focused individual treatment plans and group exercise sessions to maintain and improve quality of life for patients.
- Setting outcome measures using research based functional and fitness assessments
- Evaluate client progress, based on validated and standardised outcome measures, reassess, alter and progress treatment programmes accordingly
- Maintaining and updating individual patient records
- Working as part of the multidisciplinary medical team to integrate physiotherapy as an integral part of patient treatment plans
- Clients would include predominantly (but not exclusively) elective orthopaedic and geriatric patients with physical and mental pathologies right through to able bodied and active ageing adults.
- There is scope for an element of primary care private practice work involved in this role, should the right candidate be identified. This would predominantly involve a musculoskeletal caseload, but could also include ergonomic and team sports physiotherapy service delivery.
- Third Level Degree in Physiotherapy qualification
- Current member of ISCP and CORU is a must
- Experience working in a musculoskeletal or orthopaedic environment,
- Experience working with a long term geriatric population would be greatly beneficial but not essential
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written
Will require own transport